Some Tips for Overcoming the Worries
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,
Worry is one of those things that will pull you down and stop you in your tracks quicker than almost anything else. Most things you worry about don't happen, but that doesn't seem to stop anyone from spending time and energy worrying. Worrying ruins the present by bringing in anticipation of possibly negative future events. When you worry you are actually doing something referred to as "negative fantasy." You are fantasizing not about the good that can happen, but the bad.
It is easy to say stop worrying, but much harder to actually stop. If worrying has become a habit, it can be difficult to break. So here are some tips for overcoming the worries:
* By reciting the Holy Qur'an and remembering the blessings that Allah has bestowed upon you.
* Do not think that this world is ever perfect for anyone. There is no one on the face of the earth who gets all that he wants or is free from all kinds of distress.
* Have you ever heard that grief brings back what has been lost, or that worry corrects mistakes? So why grieve and worry then?
* When you find yourself worrying about a future event, say to yourself, "If this event happens, I will do this, Insha Allah"
* Do not expect trials and calamities, rather expect peace, safety and good health, if Allah wills.
* Show mercy to the weak and you will be happy means no worries; give to the needy and you will be well; do not bear grudges and you will be healthy.
* Establishing the five time prayers regularly and being organised are effective medicines for all kinds of distress and worry.
* Be like a tall tree with high aims; if a stone is thrown at it, it simply lets its fruits drop.