Written by: Muhammadah Khalid University of the Punjab Lahore Pakistan
What is Ramadhan?
Ramadhan is the 9th month of the Muslim calendar. Muslims fast during the daylight hours and in the evening eat small meals. It is a time of worship and deliberation, a time to make stronger family and society ties.
The Fast of Ramadhan
The Month of Ramadhan is also the month when the Holy Quran "was sent down from heaven, a guidance unto men.”
Here are some steps to make your Ramadhan memorable and easy.
• At sehri eat a healthy and balanced diet. Do not overeat and be sure to drink a few more glasses of fluids so you can struggle with the extreme heat easily. Do not eat spices and taking lemon water would be a very good to prevent dehydration.
• Take appropriate multi-vitamins and brush and floss your teeth several times. Use miswak.
• Do not sleep after sehri, instead do the work you need to complete. Being a student you need to do your homework and learn other subjects, do it just after Fajr prayer.
• You are permitted to sleep just after completing your studies, till 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. You will never realize that you are fasting or not. You will stay cool all the day.
• Try to stay cool as a cucumber so your parents totally refuse to tell you to do some work and you can enjoy sitting in the air conditioned room. If you quarrel, your parent might kick you out of the room so avoid falling out with your creepy sisters and naughty brothers.
• After ‘Asr prayer take an extended bath and wear fine clothes and tie your hair properly because you feel good and light when you are neat and clean.
• After that walk in your garden, look at the appealing flowers and walk on the grass bare foot to get calm.
• At iftar avoid fried and highly-spiced foods as they may cause heartburn or indigestion and you will suffer horrific conditions from inside.
• Treat Ramadhan as your last challenge .Do all the prayers nicely and do offer “taraveeh”.
• Take a walk and do some light exercises.
• Be nice and kind to others so Allah ta’ala will be happy and shower all His blessings on you.
After all Happy Ramadhan Mubarak!!!